Queen Street Medical Centre offers travel medicine and has travel vaccines available in the clinic.
Reception staff can provide prices on request.
Vaccines for the following diseases are available at Queen Street Medical Centre:
- Diptheria, Tetanus & Pertussis (Whooping cough)
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Herpes zoster (shingles)
- Human pappillomavirus virus (Gardasil)
- Measles, Mumps & Rubella
- Meningococcal B
- Meningococcal A, C, Y, W
- Varicella (chicken pox)
- Yellow fever
Rabies and Japanese Encephalitis can be ordered in on request.
What is a travel health consultation?
During your travel health consultation your Doctor will discuss:
- Required vaccinations
- Risk factors
- Preventative measures
- Review your current health status
Your Doctor will also be able to provide any travel documentation including customs letter and/or proof of yellow fever vaccination.
What to expect
- Please phone reception on (07) 3229 9355 to make an appointment and advise that you require a travel health consultation
- You will generally be booked for a 30 minute appointment with the Doctor for consultation followed by vaccination via one of our Registered Nurses
- You will be charged a consultation fee and the cost of the vaccines (if you have private health “extras” you may be able to claim some of the cost of the vaccines)
- We do ask that you remain in the clinic for 10 minutes after your vaccines to monitor for any adverse reactions
- Your vaccination history can be uploaded to your My Health Record or provided to you as a handout