Patients are required to pay for the fee of their consultation in full at the end of the appointment. Our fees are above the Medicare rebate amount and you will incur an out-of-pocket expense. For your convenience, at the completion of your consultation, we can process your Medicare claim immediately into your savings or cheque account (via EFTPOS) or send it to Medicare to have the refund reimbursed into your nominated bank account.
If you have any questions about our fees please ask our reception staff.
Our most common fees are (effective from 01/07/2019):
- Standard Consultation Fee – $80 (Medicare rebate $38.20)
(Discounted Fee – $68)
- Long Consultation Fee – $150 (Medicare rebate $73.95)
(Discounted Fee – $120)
- Mental Health Care Plan – $140-$175 (Medicare rebate $92.50 – $136.25)
Telehealth consultation fees were introduced by the Department of Health in March 2020 in response to the COVID-19 Pandemic. The Department have outlined specific criteria for bulk billing patients who are considered vulnerable and more at risk from COVID-19 and if you meet this criteria you will be bulk billed. If you do not meet the criteria for bulk billing your out-of-pocket expense for a telephone or video consultation from 14/04/2020 will be approximately $30 with the fees outlined below:
- Short telephone or video consultation (up to 10 minutes) – $68 (Medicare rebate $38.20)
- Long telephone or video consultation (if you have multiple items to discuss or is over 20 minutes) – $105 (Medicare rebate $73.95)
- Mental health related telephone or video consultation – $105 (Medicare rebate $72.85)
If your bank details are registered with Medicare we can take payment over the phone and electronically submit your Medicare refund.
Children who are Brisbane residents and under the age of 16 years will be bulk billed.
**Travel consultations for children will not be bulk billed.**
International Students with Overseas Student Health Cover with BUPA or Allianz are able to pay the GAP Fee only ($30 for a standard consultation and $50 for a long consultation or procedure). All other full-time students, both domestic and international, are eligible to be discounted to the Concession Fee.
Policy for non-attendance, late cancellation and late arrival for appointments:
As the doctors are regularly fully booked we have patients who miss out on appointments and are on a waiting list to be seen in the case of a cancellation. We understand that things pop up and you may need to reschedule your appointment. However, we do ask that you provide us with at least 2 hours notice prior to your appointment time so that we can attempt to fit other patients in. Our SMS appointment reminder alerts you to our policy for non-attendance, late cancellation and late arrival for your scheduled appointment. If you do not provide notice:
- First time* – you will receive a text message or email advising our policy for non-attendance, late cancellation and late arrivals.
- Second time – you will receive a text message or email advising that a fee will be charged ($40 for a standard appointment, $80 for a long appointment) and you will be emailed the invoice if we are unable to contact you via phone.
- Third time – you will receive a text message or email advising that a fee will be charged ($40 for a standard appointment, $80 for a long appointment) AND you will not be able to make future appointments at the Practice.
*If you do not attend a scheduled appointment with Dr Elle Bolster or Dr Ria Warfe and do not provide notice the $40 fee will be charged from the first occurrence.
If there have been extenuating circumstances that have resulted in your non-attendance please email our Practice Manager on email@example.com and your individual situation will be discussed with your regular GP.
As we are conscious of running on time, please be aware that if you arrive late for your appointment your GP may not be able to see you, and if they do see you they will only be able to offer you a consultation up to the time your appointment should have concluded. For example, if you have booked a 15 minute appointment at 10am and you arrive at 10.05am, the doctor will only be able to see you until 10.15am. If you have arrived too late and your GP cannot see you, the above policy and fees apply.