Patients are required to pay for the fee of their consultation in full at the end of the appointment. Our fees are above the Medicare rebate amount and you will incur an out-of-pocket expense. For your convenience, at the completion of your consultation, we can process your Medicare claim immediately into your savings or cheque account (via EFTPOS) or send it to Medicare to have the refund reimbursed into your nominated bank account.
If you have any questions about our fees please ask our reception staff.
Our most common fees are (effective from 06/11/2020):
- Standard Consultation Fee – $80 (Medicare rebate $38.75)
(Discounted Fee – $68)
- Long Consultation Fee – $150 (Medicare rebate $75.05)
(Discounted Fee – $125)
- Mental Health Care Plan – $165 (Medicare rebate $93.90)
Children who are Brisbane residents, with an eligible Medicare card, and are 15 years and under, will be bulk billed. Travel consultations for children will not be bulk billed.
Full-time students, both domestic and international, are eligible for a concession to the Discounted Fee. Please present your full-time student ID card to reception.
Queen Street Medical Centre now has HICAPS for International Students with Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), International Visitors (OVHC) or Private Insurance policy holders without an eligible Medicare card. Please bring your Insurance Member card to swipe through the HICAPS terminal. You will pay us the difference between your benefit and the total consultation fee (out-of-pocket expense).
Telehealth consultation fees were introduced by the Department of Health in March 2020 in response to the COVID-19 Pandemic. The Government has extended its national COVID-19 emergency health response for a further six months. Temporary telehealth consultations items are available up to 31 March 2021.
Fees effective from 15/02/2021:
- Short telephone or video consultation (up to 15 minutes) – $80 (Medicare rebate $38.75)
- Long telephone or video consultation (if you have multiple items to discuss or is over 20 minutes) – $150 (Medicare rebate $75.05)
- Mental health related telephone or video consultation – $150 (Medicare rebate $73.95)
For all telehealth consultations, if your bank details are registered with Medicare, we can take payment over the phone and electronically submit your Medicare refund.
Policy for non-attendance, late cancellation and late arrival for appointments:
As the doctors are regularly fully booked, we have patients who miss out on appointments and are on a waiting list to be seen in the case of a cancellation. We understand that things pop up and you may need to reschedule your appointment. However, we do ask that you provide us with at least 2 hours notice prior to your appointment time so that we can attempt to fit other patients in. Our SMS appointment reminder alerts you to our policy for non-attendance, late cancellation, and late arrival for your scheduled appointment. If you do not provide notice:
- First occurrence – you will receive a text message or email advising that a DNA fee will be charged ($40 for a standard appointment, $80 for a long appointment) and you will be emailed the invoice if we are unable to contact you via phone.
- Subsequent occurrence – you will receive a text message or email advising that a DNA fee will be charged ($40 for a standard appointment, $80 for a long appointment) AND the Practice manager may contact you to discuss your missed appointments.
If there have been extenuating circumstances that have resulted in your non-attendance please email our Practice Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org and your individual situation will be discussed with your regular GP.
As we are conscious of running on time, please be aware that if you arrive late for your appointment your GP may not be able to see you. If they do see you, they will only be able to offer you a consultation up to the time your appointment should have concluded. For example, if you have booked a 15-minute appointment at 10am and you arrive at 10.05am, the doctor will only be able to see you until 10.15am. If you have arrived too late and your GP cannot see you, the above policy and fees will apply.