Patients are required to pay for the fee of their consultation in full at the end of the appointment. Our fees are above the Medicare rebate amount and you will incur an out-of-pocket expense. For your convenience, at the completion of your consultation, we can process your Medicare claim immediately into your savings or cheque account (via EFTPOS) or send it to Medicare to have the refund reimbursed into your nominated bank account.
If you have any questions about our fees please ask our reception staff.
Our most common fees are (effective from 01/07/2019):
- Standard Consultation Fee – $80 (Medicare rebate $38.20)
(Discounted Fee – $68)
- Long Consultation Fee – $150 (Medicare rebate $73.95)
(Discounted Fee – $120)
- Mental Health Care Plan – $140-$175 (Medicare rebate $92.50 – $136.25)
Children who are Brisbane residents and under the age of 16 years will be bulk billed.
**Travel consultations for children will not be bulk billed.**
International Students with Overseas Student Health Cover with BUPA or Allianz are able to pay the GAP Fee only ($30 for a standard consultation and $50 for a long consultation or procedure). All other full-time students, both domestic and international, are eligible to be discounted to the Concession Fee.
Policy for non-attendance without notice and appointment tardiness:
As the doctors are regularly fully booked we have patients who miss out on appointments and are on a waiting list to be seen in the case of a cancellation. We understand that things pop up and you may need to reschedule your appointments. However we do ask that you provide us with at least 2 hours notice prior to your appointment time so that we can attempt to fit other patients in. If you do not provide notice:
- First time it happens – you will receive a text message or email advising that you have missed your appointment and will be referred to the non-attendance policy on our website
- Second time – you will receive a text message or email advising that a late cancellation or non-attendance fee will be charged ($40 for a standard appointment, $80 for a long appointment).
- Third time – you will receive a text message or email advising that a late cancellation or non-attendance fee will be charged ($40 for a standard appointment, $80 for a long appointment) AND you will not be able to make future appointments at the Practice.
If there have been extenuating circumstances that have resulted in your non-attendance please email our Practice Manager on email@example.com and your individual situation will be discussed with your regular GP.
As we supremely conscious of running on time, please be aware that if you arrive late for your appointment your GP may not be able to see you, and if they do see you they will only be able to offer you a consultation up to the time your appointment should have concluded. For example, if you have booked a 15 minute appointment at 10am and you arrive at 10.05am, the doctor will only be able to see you until 10.15am. If you have arrived too late and your GP cannot see you, you may be charged a late attendance fee ($40). While we do make every effort to run on time for your appointments, due to the nature of our work, this is not always possible.